Monday, July 30, 2007

The by-product of "exhausting fun"




Salt and my body's unbelievable ability to percipiate it still does not cease to astound me! On extremely hot days (read "most days") I find it very difficult to drink enough water to keep up with my sweating and by the end of the day, once I dry off, I'm typically covered with an incredibly dense layer of salt.




It seems like there must be half a pound of salt on me on some days! Do I eat that much salt everyday that I can leach out so much? Does my body spontaneously generate salt? These are the burning questions I mull over every sun baked mile of my day.




Marvel at the salt deposits on my black, now salty white shorts and on my jersey. Incredible!

3 comments:

zivile said...

Hi Jason, Great to read about your adventures and to hear about the hospitality you met across the way. I don't know whether you can say that you are biking or eating your way across the country.
You wonder where the salt is coming from?! -- How many pounds of food do you consume in your travels?
By the way, I left you a note under Bears and Berries today. After I sent it, I realized my mistake. Hope you can go back and read it. Jonathan's mom

Anonymous said...

Hej, Jason,
Danke für die Postkarte!
Hoffe bei Euch ist alles klar,
viele Grüße aus Bayern,
Johanna

aufstehn said...

hi jase, greeetz from thuringia.
alles kacke.silv.
http://aufstehn.blog.de/

:-)))