Sunday, August 26, 2007

Home, Sweet Home!

Hello Cleveland! Yeah! We finally made it to my glorious home state of Ohio and my parents home in Mayfield Village on the east side of Cleveland. We have less than two weeks left and now that we're in Ohio among familiar sites, it feels like we're almost done. We've already come over 3,400 miles and have less than 800 to go! We're in the right time zone now too! Tomorrow we'll keep biking east, commensing our final lap of the trip.

Coming home has been really great. The night before we reached Mayfield Village, we camped on Lake Erie and I got to go swimming in the evening. The next day, as we biked through
town, we stopped at Tommy's in Coventry for the best milkshakes, fallaffels and lamb
meatpies in the world (mmmm... mint chocolate chip milkshake!). After we arrived at my parents house, we drove back into town and had dinner at The Great Lakes Brewing Company which brews some of the best beer made in the U.S. My buddies from high school, Bill and Barry, showed up later to hangout. After church today, I hungout more with Bill, Barry, and my parents and ate a ton of food, including three different kinds of pies.

Party time ends tomorrow though as we get back on the road. Rachael, Eric's wife, drove up from D.C. and will ride with us a full day tomorrow. It will be nice to have someone else to talk with besides Eric ("Hey Eric, did you see that corn field over there?" "Yup."
"...").

Rhode Island, here we come!

2 comments:

Lindsay Lamar said...

I can't believe you guys are so close to being done! Woo hoo for seeing your friends and family, and I hope the rest of the trip goes well!

Anonymous said...

Jason,

I am enjoying the blogs. I will really miss it when it is over. I am sure you will be glad to be back, but miss the fun you are having. Eric's Uncle Roy and I wish we had been in Cleveland with you when you went to dinner. One of our favorite places to eat was the Great Lakes Brewing Co. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Eric's Aunt Nina